Best Tents For Bike Touring You Must Take A Look At!
There are tours which end in a few hours and then there are tours which last for days. You need to stay somewhere for the night, right? Or any part of the day you decide to take rest since you cannot just pedal for twenty-four hours. Well, if you’re on road, chances are you’d find a nearby motel maybe.
What about the time when you’re in the middle of a forest? Or some places where there’s no hint of civilization? You’ll need a roof, of course. So this is very obvious that you’d bring a tent along. But you should understand that the quality of your tent here becomes very important.
Why? Well, because you’re gonna stay in it for some time. Also, you’re carrying tent on bike. Also, the level of comfort those tents provide you becomes important as well. So it’s necessary for you to browse through the best tents for bike touring. Don’t worry about getting many suggestions, this article has narrowed down the list for your convenience.
let’s look at the Best Tents For Bike Touring!
1. Nemo Hornet Ultralight Backpacking Tent.
If you ask about quality then I must say it’s completely awesome and you get a good value for money. It is meant for two people so you can imagine it to be quite spacious. Also the tent is wide enough for you to keep your stuffs inside the tent so once again an added advantage.
Very stylish in terms of looks, this tent provides you storage at the top meant for your lamp. Also, the coloring of the tent is done in a way so as you would easily distinguish the upper and the lower part of the tent.
Also, the pull cord which is reflective in nature helps for easy setup. Quite ventilated in nature and you would love to be in it! However, you must know that the nylon flooring of the tent can be damaged if too much pressure is applied in terms of rough surfaces.
So you should know that. The FlyBar on the outside helps in expanding the head area of the tent. Why needed? Well when it’s further away from what’s inside the tent, the rain won’t be able to touch the objects inside once it starts falling on the FlyBar. All the features here are completely awesome.
- THE MASTER OF ULTRALIGHT - The updated Hornet offers unmatched livability and comfort for its weight; NEMO’s patent-pending Flybar volumizing clip adds even more interior volume, while top shelf fabrics and a minimal pole structure make it even lighter than the previous generation
- LIGHTWEIGHT & LIVABLE - The 1P model’s single large vestibule provides ample dry gear storage; Flybar pole clip adds more headroom and increased stability; Volumizing guyouts connect the inner tent to the rainfly, pulling the sidewalls outward to create more livable space; 1P model has a minimum weight of 1 lb 10 oz, a packed weight of 2 lb 0 oz, and packs down to 19.5 x 4.5 in dia
- WEATHERTIGHT & RUGGED - Premium 10D Nylon Ripstop fly with silicone water repellent is extremely light and durable; DAC Featherlite poles boast minimal weight and connect with a single hubbed intersection for lightning-quick setup; Canopy: 10D Nylon Ripstop & No-See-Um Mesh; Fly: 10D Sil/PeU Nylon Ripstop (1200 mm waterproof); Floor: 15D Sil/PeU Nylon Ripstop (1200 mm waterproof)
- PERKS & DETAILS - Guyouts and struts at corners increase volume at the foot, protecting sleeping bags from wall condensation; Unique Divvy dual stage stuff sack makes it easy to divide the load with a partner; Diffusing Light Pockets turn your headlamp into a tent lantern
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - We strive to design and build the best outdoor equipment on the planet, obsessing over every detail; All NEMO products carry a lifetime warranty against defects in workmanship and materials to the original owner, with proof of purchase from an authorized NEMO dealer
2. MSR Carbon Reflex 2 Tent
What’s so great about it?
Well just have a look at how it’s designed. See geometry. Isn’t it cool? Triangular shaped tent coupled with the feature of you sleeping in a vertical position inside the tent.
No problem in setting it up as it’s quite easy to do so and it can accommodate two people within. Dimensions are 50 inches in width and 84 inches in length.
You get space which is enough for your movements without compromising the ventilation and you also get two doors with it. Also since the tent is designed keeping in mind about the long tours, it gives you space outside where you can keep your gears and stuff. Also, ventilation points are available.
However, you must know that the poles are made of carbon so are more prone to damages. You need to check on that. Apart from that, it’s all completely fantastic and I’m sure you’ll have an awesome trip when you carry one of the best tents for bike touring.
- Ultralight, ultra-packable 3-season, 2-person backpacking tent
- 29 sq. feet of floor area, interior peak height of 34 inches, plus 14 sq. feet of vestibule area
- Ultralight, durable carbon fiber poles, lightweight fabrics and zipper-free vestibule make these tents as light as a tarp
- Rainfly has DuraShield waterproof coating; tent floor has Xtreme Shield waterproof and durable water repellent (DWR) coatings
- Floor Dimensions: 84 x 50 in; Packed Size: 17 x 5 in; Minimum Weight: 1 lb 13 oz; Packaged Weight: 2 lb 3 oz; manufacturer’s 3-year limited warranty
3. Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL2 Backpacking Tent
Once again presenting you with the awesome best tents for bike Touring, this one comes with all the comfortable features including 2 doors, lightweight hence you won’t have to carry much pressure while you ride, zippers which are completely cool in their functionalities, and also you get the tent as “free-standing”.
This one is my personal favorite as you get to easily set it up without much of a headache and also you can ensure proper ventilation as per your convenience due to the option to unzip the fly for more air.
Also, it provides a mesh pocket that is meant for your gadgets and is situated in a way that you can comfortably watch anything you like on your electronic media while laying back and enjoying. Isn’t that awesome?
Some things you should know about: the floor is pretty thin in nature so you need to be careful about it.
But apart from that, there’s no reason to fret about it as it’s a complete packaged deal and provides you with everything you can ask for while in a tent.
- AWARD-WINNING COMFORT - Based on the features of our best-selling, award-winning Copper Spur ultralight tents, the Copper Spur HV UL features a high volume pole architecture that creates steeper walls and a roomier living space, while maintaining all the strength and lightweight packability the Copper Spur series is famous for
- A BETTER SHELTER - It’s not all about the volume; 2 large, dual-zipper doors with discrete seams allow for easy entry and smooth closure while creating a clean, modern design; Dual vestibules provide a combined area of 18 sq ft for dry gear storage; All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (No PVC or VOC's); Fly and floor are ultra-durable with 1200mm waterproof rating
- ULTRALIGHT STRENGTH - 4-way, high-volume hub design increases strength by 25% and the useable interior volume by 20% compared to previous versions of the Copper Spur; Proprietary random rip-stop pattern nylon is 25% stronger, providing max durability; DAC Featherlite NFL and NSL pole system
- BELLS & WHISTLES - Storm flaps on both vestibule zippers; Massive ceiling pocket provides loads of storage; 2 interior mesh pockets, 1 oversized mesh pocket with two cord-routing portals; 8 superlight aluminum J stakes; Media pockets above sleeping area enable clean earbud cord routing; Easy grip zipper pulls; Two-tone mesh provides privacy while allowing for star gazing transparency
- WARRANTY & SPECS (2P) - All Big Agnes products are guaranteed against manufacturing or material defect; If replacement product is not available credit will be given for the original purchase price when returned with a receipt; To extent the life of your tent floor, we recommend using a Big Agnes tent footprint (sold separately); Trail weight: 2 lb 12 oz; Packed weight: 3 lb 1 oz; Packed size: 4 x 19.5 in; Head height: 40 in; Floor Area: 29 sq ft
4. Big Agnes Fly Creek HV UL2 Ultralight Backpacking Tent
The pretty big name I know but then the features are something of a star itself. How? Well to begin with you get a spacious tent here where you don’t have to frequently worry about your head hitting the roof as it’s tall in that way.
The setup of these tents is quite easy in nature and that’s surely a plus point especially when you’re all tired from your long ride. Also, you get the option of keeping your gearing stuff outside as space is made available by the tent. You close the tent by breaking it down, you’ll only find one piece of it.
Also known as a single hub pole. Quite convenient I must say. There are loops for the rain fly as well which, when erected also expands the body of the tent.
You should know however that it’s long in terms of height but I can’t say the same about the interior. Not too spacious for two people’s beds. So that’s that. However, if you’re on a solo trip then this one can most certainly be the right choice for you as it’s one of the best tents you can try when you’re on your tour. This is one of the best lightweight bike touring tent.
- Singletrack, two-track, and roadie riders rejoice; Our Fly Creek Bikepack tents are perfectly equipped for all two-wheeled, overnight adventures; 12" Shortstik Poleset is ideal for packing onto handlebars, panniers and saddlebags, or just saving space in any pack
- Don’t hesitate to get dirty; This burly compression stuff sack is designed to withstand all the rigors of trail travel; Compression stuff sack with daisy-chain webbing system for multiple bike-frame attachment configurations
- DAC Angle SF Hub allows for high-volume pole architecture resulting in steeper walls; High-volume architecture increases the usable interior space without increasing weight; Dry-entry door design keeps the interior of your tent dry as you enter and exit
- Daisy-chain webbing loops on the fly's exterior for drying wet clothes and gear; 3-D shelf is ideal for stashing oversized gear, utilizing dead space above your feet; Elastic webbing securely stores your helmet on top of tent body; Oversized ceiling pocket provides great storage space
- SPECS (2P) - Packed Weight: 2 lbs 10oz; 5.5 x 12.5 in; Fly and floor are silicone treated nylon rip-stop with 1200mm waterproof polyurethane coating; Tent body is nylon breathable and polyester mesh; All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (No PVC or VOC's)
5. Naturehike Cloud-Up 2
For anyone who considers cost as a bigger factor can check this one out as it’s completely budget-friendly and the quality it offers is outstanding. Much more than what you pay for so this is the tent you should surely check out. It is once again very easy to set up and you also get a pocket on the roof.
Don’t worry if you didn’t pay much, you still get a ground mat and all other basic amenities. As I said, it’s perfect. The weight is light in nature and ensures that you find absolutely no trouble in your rides.
However, you should know that the zip quality has mixed reviews as some say that they’re not that good. Also, you find that when the wind’s strong the tent misbehaves.
The ground is thin and you might end up seeing it damaged if proper care isn’t taken. Also, the light inside the tent tends to go outside, revealing its position. Something not recommended if you’re focusing on staying low.
But then this tent offers you some awesome features as well with the main focus is adding value to your money and that’s exactly the reason why I put it in the list of the best tents for bike Touring.
- LIGHTWEIGHT: The Naturehike cloud up tent still maintains the ultralight weight that minimalist backpackers look for. The cloud up ultralight tent only weighs 3.8lbs(1 person)/4.7lbs(2 person)/5.7lbs(3 person) .
- WATERPROOF: 210T polyester rain fly & bathtub with PU 3000 coating is better in waterproof and firmer than you expected. Weatherproof material with factory-sealed seams keeps you dry and comfortable in all season&all weather conditions!
- EASY TO SET UP: It is an outdoor tent that can be quickly assembled in 5 minutes and can be easily assembled by one person according to the procedures and instructions attached to the inside of the outer bag.
- QUALITY THROUGHOUT: The high-quality details include but not limited to smooth and reliable YKK dual zippers, mesh interior pockets, incredibly durable rip-stop fabric materials, full-coverage rainfly and firm lightweight structure, to stand up to your biggest adventures.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: We stand behind our products and provide a 30-day money-back guarantee for any reason and limited lifetime warranty for quality-related issues. If your product has a manufacturing defect simply let us know!
1. What is the best tent for Bike camping?
Nemo Hornet Ultralight Backpacking Tent
MSR Carbon Reflex 2 Tent
Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL2 Backpacking Tent
Big Agnes Fly Creek HV UL2 Ultralight Backpacking Tent
Naturehike Cloud-Up 2
2. How do you pack a tent for a bike touring?
You can start with the most budget-friendly and simplest option: Two Straps. You can easily wrap each strap around one side of the handlebars, secure the tent to the bars, and that’s it you are done.
3. Things to keep in mind when selecting a tent for bike touring?
Firstly, you have to keep in mind the size of the tent. Before buying a tent, make sure it is small enough to fit on the back of your bike or fit inside one of your panniers.
Secondly, you have to select a tent which is lightweight. As with every item of gear that you carry with you on your long-distance bike tour, you have to find the lightest instruments possible… and your tent is no different.
These were some of the Best Tents For Bike Touring as I’ve said will talk about and narrow the list down for bikepacking tents 2020. So you make your choice based on your preferences and also what you’re actually seeking. I can safely vouch for the fact that all of them are awesome in their own ways! You can also check out for more cycle-related product reviews here.