Handlebar Harness is a very important thing when you’re out for great tours. Apart from obvious storage capacity, it also makes sure that you get all the comforts for your rides along with it.
The complete storage system becomes requisite when you’re out for days. So this article will talk about some of the best Handlebar Harness which you must give a check to for a memorable experience which I’m sure you’re after. You get an appropriate platform to place your dry bags and that’s good.
Few things you must check out are the durability factors and stability with comfort and also the budget. Yes it’s important you get the best ROI here so you need to make your choice very carefully only after all the boxes are ticked in your mental checkbox. You should also know that almost all the Handlebar Harness are compatible with your drop bars and disk or V brakes exclusively.
Extra Additional Specifications Of Handlebar Harness
Size : Small.
Handlebar : KLR 650 / KTM 790.
Weight : 21 lbs.
Material : 420d TPU.
- Extended head protection for all wind and shoulder movement while riding.
- Dual lacing system to use as both a handlebar and a side arm for a secure fit on your handlebars.
- Padded elbow protection.
- Sleeves are strong and stretchable.
- Vented pads and zippers for breathability.
- Larger pockets for gloves, phone, etc.
- Rear pocket for spare tube and small gear.
- Fully adjustable saddle straps for ease of use.
- Two quick attachment points on the rear.
- Fully padded TPU wrist and ankle straps.
- Mesh side arm pockets with adjustable foam side arm grippers.
Advantages Of Handlebar Harness
✔️ Safe usage and secured during traveling.
✔️ Quickly transported and stored.
✔️ Hands free operation of the bicycle and various tools.
✔️ Relatively easy mounting of bicycles by cycling mechanics.
✔️ Easy construction and maintenance of bicycle handlebar harnesses.
✔️ Durable and easy maintenance.
✔️ Pre-assembled and pre-installed for bicycle manufacturer by bicycle components.
✔️ Easy usage and installation by bicycle mechanics.
✔️ Easily available for purchase.
✔️ Comes in various sizes.
So what’s the attaching procedure?
Well you get straps which you use to tighten the harness around the Handlebar Harness and also the other strap can be used to make sure that a perfect positioning and stability is duly maintained.
Some harnesses are designed in a way so as to maintain a respectable distance from the front of your bike and the wires meant for brakes.
Handlebar Harness storage is one of the right choice as you get a good value for money out of it. Prices varies and you get a wide arena of choices. So let’s dice into the world of some of the best Handlebar Harness of bikes and see which one appeals to you the most.
Top Handlebar Harness Buying Guide
1. Oveja Negra Front End Loader Bag Mount.
I know it looks congested when it’s attached to the front of your handlebar but trust me it doesn’t compromise your navigation in any way. You can fir nearly 20L dry bags and that’s awesome. Price is also highly reasonable at 50 dollars and I believe it to be one of the best choices for bike harness. Go check it out!
- Easily attaches to your fork.
- shock absorber for easy and convenient transporting of tools and equipment.
- The front wheel moves with the load so you don’t need to worry about accidentally pinching a wheel or damaging your fork if you get too close to a rough obstacle.
- Has a flat load-out surface with no grab handles, which makes it perfect for flat terrain.
- The kit comes with a high-quality 5mm URT flat fork and secure tow ring.
- The front door is high enough to provide easy access to the cab.
- As all other bag mounts we have tested, Oveja Negra is extremely sturdy and can take a lot of abuse and is lightweight at only 15kgs.
- The kit takes time to assemble and does not allow you to carry the bag on the top.
- The rear step is not very secure, so the bag needs to be placed on the step, and not on the rear step.
- Pick up is relatively tight, so it is not comfortable to carry..
2. Revelate Designs Handlebar Harness.
This Handlebar Harness is one of the most popular amongst the veterans and also the reviews are completely inclined towards the positive side. It is designed to hold dry bags and also various other stuffs which are cylindrical in shape.
It can also hold nearly 20L of load which is once again a good thing. Price is slightly towards the higher side ($85) but the ROI is equally awesome. A must if you’re a frequent tourist.
- MATERIALS: Shell: tear resistant jacquard nylon; Inner tank: waterproof double-wall TPU. Durable and waterproof
- ADJUSTABLE CAPACITY: From 3L to 7L capacity for holding cycling essentials and accessories, such as sleeping bag, outfits, phone, wallet, gloves, glasses, mini pump, tire repair kit, spare tubes, etc
- EASY & FIRM INSTALLATION: Easy mount and release shell to handlebar with 3 Velcro straps. Simply attach inner tank wit 2 durable flat side release buckles. Balanced weight distribution on bike. No tool needed
- BETTER SAFETY: front reflective logo and safety lights hanger for better visibility in dark
- WELL-STRUCTRED DESIGN: Round-bottom design for easy packing. Detachable design for multipurpose usage—can be used as a bike handlebar bag, or only take the main compartment as a dry sack
3. Rockgeist Barjam Handlebar Harness.
This one is uniquely designed where you get a bolt to attach on your Handlebar Harness along with helicopter tape and voile straps. This ensures utter stability and also the weight goes towards the lighter side which again becomes a plus point when you’re out on your ride.
Doesn’t mean that the security of your stuffs is compromised. It provides the best security you can ask for. Price is reasonable at $75.00. One of the best harnesses for your bike if you ask me.
- 100% WATERPROOF BIKE HANDLEBAR BAGS: Innovative seamless workmanship 2 handlebar bags securely hold your items. Roll up closure provides dual protections for your clothes, shoes and tools. High strength 600D nylon + TPU bikepacking bag provide a more delicate using experience for you. Easy to clean with a wet terry.
- 2 ASSEMBLY TUBE POUCHES: Detachable bikepacking bags can use together or alone on the handlebar. Freely matched, quick release & install on easily. Enhance your cycling experience with this latest waterproof top tube bike bags.
- LARGE CAPACITY: Total 19-21 L capacity top tube bags satisfy your long or short journey needs, classified storage your items such as clothes, keys, snacks, money, phones, wallets, cards, repair tools, small listening devices, and other more commonly used items (5-6 L + 14-15 L).
- QUICK RELEASE STRAPS & NIGHT VISIBILITY: Adjustable straps can easily fasten on the handlebar. Coupled with the extra straps can be used as waist bag. Convenient mounting Reflective logo increase your night visibility.
- MULTI-purpose: Durable bike handlebar bags protect your device and accessories from harsh weather conditions or crashes.Suitable for variety Outdoors Activities - portable and waterproof bag is suitable for casual hanging out, cycling, hiking, running, going to gym, traveling, camping, mountaineering and so on. PRODUCT WARRANTY: Any questions feel free to contract us.
4. Alpkit Joey Handlebar Harness.
Alpkit is a known brand in the world of bikes and its accessories so surely it’s trusted and this harness doesn’t disappoint at all as the price they’ve placed is very economically positive (11.99 dollars). It may not be the best of all still it does the job you want it to do. At a much lesser price. Also the weight is light which is good.
- 🚴♂️[Multi-purpose] Lixada bicycle handlebar bag is perfect for road bikes, mountain bikes, bicycles, etc.
- 🚴♂️[Large capacity] Adjustable waterproof bag, the capacity is adjustable from 3L to 7L, the maximum length is 50cm/19.68 inches, which can store your wallet, mobile phone, towel, gadgets, etc.
- 🚴♂️[100% waterproof] 100% waterproof, very suitable for outdoor use, even in heavy rain.
- 🚴♂️[Multifunctional] There are 2 soft straps on the top of the bag. You can put water bottles, newspapers, magazines on it. You can also DIY waterproof bag capacity, but the maximum diameter should be less than 20cm/7.87 inches
- 🚴♂️[Practicability] The zipper design allows you to easily store and take out items. Three adjustable Velcro straps are suitable for handlebars of different sizes and most bicycles.
5. Alpkit Kanga Handlebar Harness.
This one is favoured by many and if you want some good security for your belongings, Kanga is right for you. Price is around $60 and the flexibility it offers in terms of fiberglass is good, I must say. Also the designing is quite commendable which makes me to put this one in the list of best harnesses for handlebars.
- 🏃LARGE CAPACITY: L* H* W: 17.5*6.3*2.4 inches, the bicycle storage bag has a super large capacity that means it stores almost all of your pieces, phone, keys, water bottle, mini bump, energy gels, etc. Note: This bag is not suitable for small bikes.
- 🏃WATER RESISTANT: the upgraded nylon material and airtight zipper are totally waterproof, preventing any rain or water from getting into the bag.
- 🏃EASY INSTALL: to fix the bike frame bag to your bike, you just fasten these Velcro straps. And adjust the bike bag by changing the position and quantity to fit the bike.
- 🏃STABLE & STURDY: Frame made of high quality TPU, the bike pouch is more stable and wear resistant. No worry about deforming.
- 🏃HUMANIZED DESIGN: Slim and simple, ROCKBROS bike frame bag looks pretty cool with your bike. Your legs will not touch the bag during cycling.
6. Salsa Anything Cradle.
Once again presenting you with a unique design, this harness is recommended by many and the security it provides coupled with comforts and easy maneuverability is something which makes it one of the best handlebar harnesses.
You can carry a load of almost 4 kg when you’re with it and if you ask about the harness’s weight, it’s around 420 grams. Price it $110 and that’s completely worth it as the features are equally good.
- Salsa EXP Series Anything Cradle with 15 Liter Dry Bag and Straps
7. Outpost Elite Handlebar Roll.
You get a complete set here. Not just the harness but that’s not the issue as the set you get is completely fantastic in terms of its functionalities and also the design is very stylish so many prefer this.
The weight goes around 795 grams and you also get storage space of nearly 14L. The price of course will be slightly more as you’re getting a complete set (175 dollars). You must check it out as the complete set of harness, when attached to your bike becomes super comfortable for you.
- Versatile adjustability.
- Not a problem for new riders to master and modify when they need.
- Nice detachable parts.
- Quick release.
- Low profile.
- Not very durable.
- Expensive compared to the other options.
- HARNESS SYSTEM - This bag features a system that is comprised of an outer "Harness" that securely carries an inner bag. The inner bag can quickly and easily be removed from harness, without having to detach the harness from the bike. The advantage is that is saves time, is more secure and allows you to carry odd/oversized items or use your favorite aftermarket bags
- BLEED VALVE - The waterproof dry bag features a scuba style air bleed valve so that you can pack your bag as tight as you need, and not have to worry about leaks
- WELDED SEAM CONSTRUCTION - Welded seams not only reduce bulk, weight and materials, they improve performance by eliminating the needle hole, a potential area for saturation and leakage. Welded seams also create a clean finish on both the interior and exterior of the bag
- ORGANIZATION - We carefully consider what is put in each of our bags and tailor the compartments, pockets and other features to make sure there is a perfect place for everything
- ALUMINUM FRAME - Innovative aluminum frame provides a stable platform for your extra gear in addition to providing more security and rigidity.
8. Wildcat Lion Handlebar Harness.
It is designed for security. Period. You know your stuffs are safely secured when you’re using this harness as the protector. This one is quite awesome and you must check it out yourself to see whether you’re comfortable with it.
9. To peak Frontloader.
Once again this harness is a complete set, sort of like Blackburn. It is completely functional to its optimum when you’re carrying some stuffs which may be light or bulky like your bags and clothing and also the attachment detachment procedure here becomes super easy as it’s designed in that way that you can easily install it.
Straps and buckles make it easy of course. You also get the bag which can hold as much as 8L and is completely waterproof so you don’t have to worry about your belongings getting wet in the rain or due to any water elements. Price, once again is slightly more that is, $84.95 but the value for money is hands down, the best. Making it one of the best harnesses for your handlebars.
- Well balanced and comfortable.
- To easy on the wrists and lower back.
- The position and size of the handlebar can be adjusted.
- Some riders find it difficult to get into this position.
- Adjust for the size of your shoulders.
- Heavy duty trolley handlebar guards.
- Most older models have a beveled edge so this makes for a smooth replacement.
- Install / remove waterproof carry bag quickly and easily
- Easily and securely mounts to handlebar and head tube with adjustable straps?. Adaptable design fits a variety of bike types
- Adjustable rubber spacers absorb shock and add secure mounting
- Rubberized material for extra grip and stability
- Included waterproof carry bag keeps contents dry
10. Specialized Burra Burra Handlebar Stabilizer Harness.
This one is another product whose designing I find completely awesome as it’s quite unique in nature. The designing is done in a way that you attain complete stability here on the roads which are highly uneven and bumpy. You know your belongings are safe inside the bag when the harness is specially designed for stability. Naturally the price will be near $109.99 as it provides you with some valuable features.
- The Head Torque Reduction System on my helmet is very good.
- I am not concerned about dirt picking up in my helmet.
- The Evo II Reflective cheek pads are great.
- This product costs like $40 extra but I consider it a much more essential purchase than most.
- My face shield is a little short and stiff.
- It doesn’t have much flexibility in it and could be improved upon a bit.
- My chin guard is not a full face shield so there is still some sunlight getting in.
- If I added a full face shield this could be a major pro.
No products found.
11. Bike Bag Dude Handlebar Sling.
This one is designed in Australia and you get handlebar slings which will ensure that the dry bags/bar rolls are stable once you attach them. Attachments are made from Velcro and if you see the designing you’d know why it’s one of the best harnesses you should surely check out for your handlebars. Price is set at 80 dollars.
- EXTREMELY STURDY 5 FIXED POINTS: Large magic straps and eight spacers, 2 nylon straps with side release buckles to secure bag to the handle bars. A short strap is attached bag to the head tube to avoid shaking back and forth. What's more, four alloy hooks for adjusting the compression straps to protect your bike frame and brake shift cables
- ADUSTABLE LENGTH WITH TWO OPENINGS: 7-14L adjustable capacity bike handlebar roll perfectly satisfy your bikepacking adventures or long travels need. Good size to fit 3person tent, sleeping bag and clothing which need keep dry. Convenient Feature: roll down closure design at each end makes easier to find what you need. Also, You can attach more gear or even a tent using the two exterior straps
- 100% WATERPROOF: High strength tear resistant 600D nylon + waterproof TPU film with ROCKBROS Innovative seamless workmanship makes this bicycle front bag 100% waterproof and easy to clean with a wet terry
- DETAIL DESIGNS: Three Reflective Logos to increase your riding safety at night; Strap storage loop is good to avoid straps being caught in bicycle tires.External Elastics cords for attaching some wet raincoats or coat, also fit photography tripod
- MULTI-APPLICATIONS: Durable bike handlebar bag protects your things from harsh weather conditions or crashes.Suitable for variety Outdoors Activities like cycling, traveling, camping , mountaineering and more.PRODUCT WARRANTY: Any questions please feel free to contact us
12. Choike Bags Handlebar Harness.
Popularity is good, designing is good, pricing is reasonable. Your belongings will be stable. This one is a good choice for you as well. Best is to check it out.
- LARGE SPACE: Bike bag has enough inside room for long rides, holds a lot of stuff like iphone X, battery, energy gel, small tire pump, repair kits, keys, wallet etc. Perfect compatible with cellphones below 6.5 inches, iPhone XR XS MAX X 8 7 6s 6 plus 5s / Samsung Galaxy s8 s7 note 7, shake-proof bike front frame bag
- HIGH SENSITIVE TOUCH SCREEN: The bike phone bag has a high sensitive TPU film window which can helps you use cellphone easily while riding, great way to see your activity while using maps on a ride. (Note: Touch ID NOT worked through the screen cover)
- HUMANIZATION DESIGN: The bike phone mount bag has many humanization designs. A, The hidden earphone hole allows you answer the phone or enjoy music freely while cycling. B, reflective tapes on both sides of bike bags to keep your night ride safety. C, dual soft rubber zipper pulls make it convenient to open & close
- DURABLE & WATER RESISTANT: The bike top tube bag is made of ultralight and stylish carbon fiber material with sealed double zippers closure, which ensures the water doesn't flow into the bag.The sun visor and flashing board is great use for rainy or sunny day
- EASY TO INSTALL & QUICK RELEASE: 3 straps are firm enough to hold up on the bike, 1 velcro commuter strap on the front + 1 longer commuter strap on the upper bottom( the long strap can fixed the bag on the head tube firmly) + 1 commuter strap on the lower bottom. The bicycle bag would not move around even if you ride on a bumpy or rocky road
13. Woho X-TOURING Handlebar Harness.
This one is designed like forest and the camo styling is completely awesome. You get all the features you want from this harness and I’m very sure that once you use it, you’d love it. Price is on the lower side which once again is a plus point and becomes a choices of many (Nearly 30 dollars). Weight is light as well (180 grams) which compels me to put it in the list of the best bike packing harnesses for your handlebars.
- I love the feel of this pack when I ride.
- I’m completely comfortable with the attachment of the belt and some of the other strap systems.
- I do not like the backpack straps though.
- They look uncomfortable.
- Reviews confirmed the X-TOURING seat is easy to use and comfortable.
- Could use a little more padding under my pelvis.
- It’s more restrictive.
- 100% Waterproof
- 3 way for using : solo bar bag / attaching with handlebar harness / shoulder bag
- Anti - Mud / Water Fabric and Rip-Stop yarn
- Constructed by RF welding ensures complete waterproof
So these were some of the best handlebar harness you must have for your bike packing tours and I’m sure that all of them are completely awesome in their own ways and once you choose the one which best suits you, there’s no turning back!
You will likewise require something like a dry sack. Also, a portion of the better total frameworks have frill packs that sit on top. In the event that you are after a spending arrangement there are some less expensive saddle alternatives in the rundown beneath. Consolidated that with something like an ocean to highest point dry pack and you have yourself a sensible handlebar sack choice for your bike packing experiences.
What is the best handlebar width?
As with any trends and any reactions mostly 800mm Handlebar advancement in one aspect of mountain bike design, handlebar width went too far on the spectrum.
What size handlebar should I get?
The rule of thumb when we are selecting the correct handlebar harness width is to measure the distance between the two bony bits on your shoulders in the more scientific terms the distance between your two acromioclavicular joints.