So you want to check out the best gravel bike shoes in the market? Don’t worry, this article will enlighten you to the core.
You’d get to make your choice with due ease when you check this out. But before we begin let’s understand why should you have awesome gravel bike shoes when you’re out on your bike tours.
First and foremost, you need to understand that these are designed for your gravel bike tours. Meaning the comfort you’ll get on those kinds of roads will be optimistically awesome when you have these best gravel bike shoes with you. So, that’s one of the many things you should know about it.
Secondly, you get durability with these bike shoes. Yes, those gravel roads are not smooth. Period. You get to witness some harsh conditions. Ordinary shoes will end up tearing down when you set out to explore those kinds of roads. But not when you have gravel bike shoes. They’re designed to withstand and make sure that your comfort isn’t compromised to the least.
Now that’s something, isn’t it?
Thirdly, the Best gravel bike shoes meant to be compatible when you’re pedaling especially those gravel bike pedals, which are quite different and once again designed for such tours.
Your specialized gravel shoes will be highly compatible, subsequently resulting in comfort and effective utilization of your time. You don’t have to waste your time fretting about your shoes. So you see? Everything comes down to one thing: comfort. That’s what they are all about.
Now, I’m not saying that mountain shoes aren’t enough and for some kind of tours, you won’t even need gravel bike shoes. Also, these are less expensive.
However, if you’re focused on comfort over anything, then the latter might be the right choice for you. Choosing shoes also depends upon the type of journey you’re about to undertake with your gravel bike.
If your bike’s gravel tire not in a good condition you can check best gravel tyres.
It might be a simple journey or some long tours. Maybe it’s about races and many other things. So you must make your choice based on the type of tour you’re after.
Are you looking for the best gravel riding shoes?
Now having said that, let’s jump to some of the best gravel bike shoes, specially picked for you.
Let’s Look at The Best 5 Gravel Bike shoes!
1. Fizik X5 Terra
Performance is the not-so-secret mantra of Fizik. You get optimum performance coupled with perfect fit and all those materials requisite for comfort and protection of your feet with fizik gravel shoes. Once you get the perfect fit, you’re good to go.
Talking about the looks I must confess the design is something which appeals to me more than anything. I mean it’s too good to be true. The stiff sole of these shoes helps in maintaining the grip and comfort.
Also, you get compatibility with the cleats. What more do you need? Isn’t it one of the best gravel bike shoes?
- Upper Material: laser-perforated Microtex
- Closure: L6 Boa dial at upper, lower hook-and-loop strap
- Footbed: Fi'zi:k cycling footbed
- Sole: co-injected of carbon, TPU
- Cleat Compatibility: 2-bolt mountain bike
2. Giro Privateer
Giro has Made the Privateer to Supply you with a gravel biking shoe Which Will Give You an amazing Match, a shoe that’s stylish and at the same time very long-lasting.
And so Giro’s Privateer gives the best remedy to this problem. The privateer provides you with a lace-up gravel biking shoe, with the only goal of serving you using an all-round, road, and adventurous biking experience.
Additionally; the Privateer undoubtedly remains true to its title and its own heritage. Therefore; producing a shoe which will supply you with the ideal mix of performance, really good built quality, and that also at a really inexpensive price. Giro gravel shoes have the ability to work well as you are gravel biking and at the same time, it is going to look stylish as you walk around wearing this beautiful pair of gravel shoes.
- PERFORMANCE, COMFORT AND TIMELESS VALUE: A great all-around mountain bike shoe with legendary fit, style and durability
- COMFORTABLE AND DURABLE: One-piece microfiber upper with reinforced toe cap and heel, and a laced closure for supple-yet-supportive fit and great breathability
- ULTIMATE FIT ADJUSTMENT: Empire laces offer unrivaled fit adjustment, hold a knot securely and are the lightest closure system available
- POWERFUL PEDALING: Injected nylon plate for efficient power transfer, with stainless steel hardware and a co-molded rubber high-traction lugged outsole for grip when you need it
- COMFORTABLE SUPPORT AND 2-BOLT CLEAT COMPATIBLE: Includes molded EVA footbed with medium arch support. Works with all 2-bolt pedal/cleat systems including Shimano SPD, Time ATAC, Crank Brothers, etc
3. Shimano SH-RX800
You should know better than when we’re talking about some bike shoes or anything remotely related to bikes, Shimano has to make an entry.
So here Shimano comes with its awesome gravel bike shoes known as SH-RX800 known for the durability, comfort and needless to say, looks.
Price is once again on the higher side and just like the above, the ROI is totally cool.
You get to enjoy a comforting pedaling as well as walking when you have this best. The weight is light and the grip it provides is marvelous. Shimano rx8 gravel shoe is completely awesome and hands down, one of the best gravel shoes out there.
- The SH-RX800 (RX8) is a Gravel Racing Specific Shoe: Designed specifically for the demands of gravel racing
- Maximum Power Transfer: Rigid and light carbon sole ensures your hard work translates to you going faster
- Off the Bike Capability: Lightweight lugs and anti-slip pad for walkability and grip off the bike
- All-Day Comfort: Constructed from supple one-piece synthetic leather with perforated venting
- Use with SPD / 2-hole Clip-in Pedals: Optimal balance between pedaling efficiency and off the bike capability
4. Shimano SH-XC5.
Shimano just won’t stop! It provides you with yet another gravel shoes I’m compelled to show you. Once again XC5 is meant for some awesome comforts when you’re out on those gravel roads on your gravel bikes, pedaling gravel pedals. So quite naturally see these.
Styling of best gravel bike shoes is quite awesome (better than the above one) and the sole is stiff. You also get a strap which you can use for holding your laces in one place as the laces sometimes get undone.
Weight is light in nature and you get carbon fiber midsole as well. XC5 is all you can ask for!
- Mini Power Strap shoe lacing securely holds foot
- Lightweight and rigid carbon fiber reinforced midsole
- Supple synthetic leather with perforated venting for superior fit
- Exclusive Michelin high-traction, mud-shedding tread
- Rubber anti-slip arch outsole pattern
5. Louis Garneau
Ride or walk all-day-long with maximum comfort and stability using Louis Garneau Bike Shoe. This gravel Shoe is excellent for people that are either beginner or just love mountain bike riding. This mountain bike shoe has distinctive characteristics that make it stylish and genuine in the marketplace.
This shoe was standardly designed with sufficient space for an ideal match giving more comfort for riding the entire day, reducing strain on the feet.
- Created for those new to mountain biking, the Gravel MTB shoes have everything you need to get out and start exploring.
- ALL DAY COMFORT: The standard, roomier fit offers more comfort for all-day riding. The upper synthetic leather and mesh is thermobonded for a seamless construction and minimal pressure points.
- STABLE: The HRS-80 retention firmly holds your heel in place and reduces power loss. The Ergo Grip 2 outsole with removable studs provides excellent traction and efficient mud clearance.
- EASY TO ADJUST: The three hook and loop closure straps allow for easy adjustment while riding.
- DETAILS: The Gravel MTB shoes weigh 365 g. The SPD cleats fit all major MTB pedals. The reflective heel offers visibility in low light.
1. What shoes to wear on a gravel bike?
Fizik X5 Terra, Giro’s Privateer, Shimano SH-RX800, Shimano SH-XC5 & Louis Garneau are one of the best gravel shoes to wear on gravel bikes
2. Do you really need bicycle shoes?
Bike shoes ‘ rigid bottoms enable you to give more power to each pedal stroke. Since you clip to the pedals, you utilize more of your leg muscles when you ride. … Bike shoes enhance your indoor biking rides also by generating your stroke more effective.
3. Why do cyclists have to wear special shoes?
Besides raising force output, the rigid sole of a biking shoe lets you transfer power better from the feet into the pedals.
A rigid biking shoe protects your toes from the strain of pedaling. Studies have shown the usage of biking shoes contributes to a reduced incidence of knee injuries.
So these were some of the best gravel bike shoes you can ask for and once again before making your choice I would suggest you to go through them all and analyze based on your type of journey and the kind of shoes you actually want. However, needless to say, all of them are exceptionally good. Please also check out our more bicycle-related product reviews here.